|5.00 – 5.30pm||Registrations and Standing Buffet Reception|
|5.30 – 5.45pm||
Opening Remarks by ChairpersonMr. Francis Goh - Partner, Eversheds Harry Elias LLP; Honorary Secretary, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
|5.45 – 7.00pm||
Singapore Arbitrators - How can they remain relevant in a changing regional services market?
Professor Khory McCormick- Legal Consultant (Strategic), Mediator and Arbitrator, Bartley Cohen Litigation Lawyers
|7.00 – 7.15pm||Q&A Session|
|7.15 – 8.15pm||Networking Drinks|
About the Speakers:
After almost four decades of practice at the top end of the commercial, private and public sector markets, Khory's opinion is widely sought by a broad spectrum of industry sectors. He holds a number of institutional and public positions including Deputy Chair of SIDRA. Khory is professor of Strategic Law at Griffith University holding a Doctorate of the University. As Australia’s representative in UNCITRAL Working Group II: Dispute Resolution, Khory worked on the Singapore Convention on Mediation and associated Model Law. For a period of time the only Australian practitioner listed in both Chambers Asia Arbitration (Australia) and the International Who’s’ Who of International Commercial Mediators. Khory is in tune with global and regional disputes resolution education, design and service delivery from all stakeholder perspectives. He is peer ranked as a ‘go to’ adviser and thought leader in terms of the future of dispute resolution.
About the Chairperson:
|Mr. Francis Goh is an equity partner of Eversheds Harry Elias LLP. He is the head of the firm’s International Arbitration Practice and he also leads the firm’s Private Client practice. He graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1990 and has since been in active legal practice for 25 years. Francis is a fellow of the SIArb and currently serves on the SIArb Council. Francis is also a Principal Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre. His background in litigation and commercial disputes resolution gives Francis a distinct advantage in negotiations, advising on commercial contracts and corporate governance. Francis is well placed to guide companies and business owners to manage their risk, processes as well as business succession issues.|
Download brochure HERE.
REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2018
(includes refreshments & materials, if any)
Early Bird Rate
(Valid only until 21 September 2018)
|SIArb Members||S$ 60.00||S$ 70.00|
Marine Offshore Oil & Gas Association (MOOGAS); Regional Arbitral Institute Forum (RAIF); Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA); Society of Construction Law Singapore (SCL (S))
|S$ 80.00||S$ 90.00|
|Others||S$ 110.00||S$ 120.00|
REGISTRATION, REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
1. Places are limited and can only be allocated in order of priority upon receipt of registration and any payment due.
2. SIArb reserves the right to update or amend the details of the programme and/or the names of speakers without prior notice.
3. No refunds will be made for cancellations or no-shows by those registered. If you are unable to attend the event, an equivalent substitute may attend in your place at no extra charge provided that at least 3 days prior written notice is given to SIArb.
4. We reserve the right to refuse to register or admit any participant, and to cancel or postpone the event.
5. By completing this form, you fully consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as appears in any form, document or electronic template, by SIArb. [CLICK HERE TO READ OUR PERSONAL DATA POLICY]
Please register for this event using the online form below.
|22 Nov 2018|
05:00PM - 07:15PM
Singapore Arbitrators - How Can They Remain Relevant In A Changing Regional Services Market (22 November 2018)
|28 Nov 2018|
08:00AM - 05:00PM
IArbI: Regional Arbitral Institutes Forum (RAIF) Conference (28 & 29 November 2018)
|06 Dec 2018|
05:30PM - 07:00PM
DEBATE: This House Believes That Artificial Intelligence Will Have Replaced Arbitrators Within 25 Years (06 December 2018)